The Crestron® RMC3 is a compact and cost-effective 3-Series Control System® designed to provide control and monitoring for a single display device, a small AV system, lighting and shading, climate control, security, energy management, and many other specialized applications. Its tiny form factor allows it to be placed just about anywhere with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the mounting bracket provided. It can fit easily behind a video display or above a projector, and provides enough control ports to control the display device along with a screen or lift. Cresnet® and Ethernet connectivity provides full support for the full line of Crestron touch screens, keypads, dimmers, shades, thermostats, and other peripherals. Featuring the 3-Series® control engine, the RMC3 provides a robust, feature-packed controller that's ideal for mass deployment across college campuses, corporate office buildings, museums, MDUs, hotels, and convention centers.
3-Series® Control Systems
- Today's commercial buildings and custom homes comprise more technology than ever before, and all these systems need to be networked, managed, and controlled in fundamentally new ways. The IP based 3-Series platform is engineered from the ground up to deliver a network-grade server appliance capable of faithfully handling everything from lighting and AV system control to total building management.
- 3-Series embodies a distinctively robust, dynamic, and secure platform to elevate your system designs to higher levels of performance and reliability. Compared to other control systems, Crestron 3-Series provides a pronounced increase in processing power and speed with more memory, rock solid networking and IP control, and a unique modular programming architecture.
Modular Programming Architecture (Optional)
- This optional add-on enables high-speed, real-time multitasking to allow the RMC3 to run multiple programs simultaneously. With this add-on, programmers can develop and run independent, device-specific programs for lighting, shades, HVAC, security, AV, etc., allowing for the optimization of each program, and allowing changes to be made to one program without affecting the whole. Even as your system grows, processing resources can easily be shifted from one 3-Series processor to another without rewriting any code. The end benefit is dramatically simplified upgradability with minimal downtime, whether implementing changes on site or remotely via the network.
Robust Ethernet & IP Control
- IP technology is the heart of 3-Series, so it should be no surprise that its networking abilities are second to none. High-speed Ethernet connectivity enables integration with IP-controllable devices and allows the RMC3 to be part of a larger managed control network. Whether residing on a sensitive corporate LAN, a home network, or accessing the Internet through a cable modem, the RMC3 provides secure, reliable interconnectivity with IP-enabled touch screens, computers, mobile devices, video displays, media servers, security systems, lighting, HVAC, and other equipment — whether on premises or across the globe.
Control Apps & XPanel
- Years ago, Crestron pioneered the world's first IP-based control system unleashing vast new possibilities for controlling, monitoring, and managing integrated systems over a LAN, WAN, and the Internet. Today, Crestron offers more ways than ever to control your world the way you want. Using a computer, smartphone, or tablet device, Crestron lets you control anything in your home or workplace from anywhere in the world.
- Native to every 3-Series control system, Crestron XPanel technology transforms any laptop or desktop computer into a virtual Crestron touch screen. Crestron control apps deliver the Crestron touch screen experience to iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices, letting you safely monitor and control your entire residence or commercial facility using the one device that goes with you everywhere.
Crestron Fusion® Cloud
- Crestron Fusion Cloud provides an integrated platform for creating truly smart buildings that save energy, enhance worker productivity, and prolong the life-span of valuable equipment. As part of a complete managed network in a corporate enterprise, college campus, convention center, or any other facility, the RMC3 works integrally with Crestron Fusion Cloud to enable remote scheduling, monitoring, and control of rooms and technology from a central help desk. It also enables organizations to reduce energy consumption by tracking real-time usage and automating control of lighting, shades, and HVAC.
- Built-in SNMP support enables integration with third-party IT management software, allowing network administrators to manage and control Crestron systems on the network in an IT-friendly format.
- Cresnet provides a dependable network wiring solution for Crestron keypads, lighting controls, shade motors, thermostats, occupancy sensors, and other devices that don't require the higher speed of Ethernet. The Cresnet bus offers easy wiring and configuration, carrying bidirectional communication and 24VDC power to each device over a simple 4-conductor cable. To assist with troubleshooting, the RMC3 includes our patent-pending Network Analyzer which continuously monitors the integrity of the Cresnet network for wiring faults, marginal performance, and other errors.
Onboard Control Ports
- In addition to Ethernet, the RMC3 includes a variety of control ports for interfacing with third-party equipment. A single bidirectional COM port (RS-232/422/485) and two IR ports allow for interfacing with AV devices, small appliances, and other equipment. Two programmable relay ports are provided for controlling projection screens, lifts, power controllers, and other contact-closure actuated equipment. Two digital input ports enable the integration of power sensors, motion detectors, door switches, alarms, or anything else that provides a dry contact closure or low-voltage logic signal.
- Native support for the BACnet/IP communication protocol provides a direct interface to third-party building management systems over Ethernet, simplifying integration with HVAC, security, fire & life safety, voice & data, lighting, shades, and other systems. Using BACnet/IP, each system runs independently with the ability to communicate together on one platform for a truly smart building.
Power over Ethernet
- Using PoE technology, the RMC3 gets its operating power right through the LAN wiring. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU ) simply connects in line with the LAN cable at any convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16 ) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE.
Integrator Friendly Enclosure
- The RMC3 features the Crestron IFE form factor, a compact "Integrator Friendly Enclosure" design that fits almost anywhere and enables a variety of installation options. Its shape allows multiple RMC3s and other IFE compliant devices to be stacked together. Using the included mounting bracket, it can be fastened to any flat surface or snapped onto a standard DIN rail. Rack mount and pole mount kits are also available.
- Compact and cost-effective control system
- 3-Series® Control Engine
- Modular programming architecture (optional)
- Onboard 256MB RAM & 4GB Flash memory
- Support for external USB flash memory and mass storage devices
- Industry-standard Ethernet and Cresnet® wired communications
- XPanel with Smart Graphics™ computer and web based control
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control app support
- Crestron Fusion® Cloud Enterprise Management Service support
- SNMP remote management support
- One RS-232/422/485 COM port with hardware and software handshaking
- Two IR/serial, two relay, and two digital input ports
- Programmable event scheduling with astronomical time clock
- Native BACnet™/IP support
- Installer setup via Crestron Toolbox™ software or web browser
- C#, symbol based, and drag-and-drop programming environments
- Full Unicode (multi-language) support
- Increased network throughput and security
- Secure access through full user/group management or Active Directory integration
- Hardware level security using 802.1X authentication
- TLS, SSL, SSH, and SFTP network security protocols
- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Built-in web server
- IPv6 ready
- USB On-The-Go port
- PoE network powered
- Compact, stackable "IFE micro" form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable
- Available rack mount and pole mount options