Provides a remote input connection for 4K HDMI® and VGA sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G+® input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via a single CATx cable. Includes USB HID device and host ports. Compatible with HDBaseT® and Crestron Connect It™.
The DM-TX-4K-302-C provides a versatile interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher with HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs. It also functions as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. It connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design makes it ideal for installation beneath a conference table, inside a lectern or equipment rack, or at virtually any other location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence.
4K Ultra HD
- Crestron DigitalMedia continues to advance the standard for digital AV signal distribution, delivering the world’s first end-to-end 4K system solution. The DM-TX-4K-302-C features the latest DM 8G+ technology, providing support for the transport of 4K and Ultra HD video signals. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra-high bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, and control signals over a choice of twisted-pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G over twisted-pair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP 2.2. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD®, as well as uncompressed linear PCM. All signals are transported over a single CAT type wire, supporting 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM-TX-4K-302-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-4K-302-C provides simple switching among three inputs. The inputs can be configured to switch automatically or be controlled through a Crestron control system. Auto-detection on each input enables plug-and-play simplicity, supporting a wide range of input types without requiring any special configuration. Inputs include:
- HDMI — Provides two independent digital multimedia inputs for mobile devices, computers, and AV sources with resolutions up to UHD and DCI 4K. These inputs can also handle DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
- VGA — This input handles analog VGA and RGB signals up to WUXGA 1920x1200 pixels. It can also handle component, S-Video, and composite video signals up to 1080p60 through an appropriate adapter or breakout cable. A 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo audio input is included to accommodate the analog audio signal from an unbalanced line-level source or headphone output.
- Note: Analog audio breakaway capability allows the analog audio input to be used with any video input.
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-TX-4K-302-C to a DM switcher or receiver, or to an HDBaseT device, transporting video, audio, control, networking, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection. Used with a single DM 8G+ Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-4K-302-C affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-4K-302-Cs may be deployed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
Local HDMI Output
- An HDMI output is included to enable pass-through of the selected video and audio signals to feed a local display, monitor, or sound system.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-4K-302-C includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
- The DM-TX-4K-302-C includes built-in IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports to enable programmable control of the devices connected to it (via a control system). It also offers an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-4K-302-C provides a gateway for controlling the connected source devices right through their HDMI connections, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
USB Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-4K-302-C functions as a versatile USB keyboard/mouse extender with both host and device ports provided onboard. This allows a computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be connected to the DM-TX-4K-302-C and controlled remotely by a USB HID keyboard and/or mouse located elsewhere. Alternately, the keyboard/mouse may be connected locally and used to control a remote computer. Routing of the USB HID signals is handled through the DigitalMedia system. Support for other types of USB devices can be enabled using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
Crestron Connect It™
- A Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) offers a convenient tabletop connectivity solution that works seamlessly with the DM-TX-4K-302-C. The cable caddy gets its power and control from the DM-TX-4K-302-C through a simple USB connection.
Compact and Versatile
- The DM-TX-4K-302-C is designed to be mounted to a flat surface or placed on a shelf. It is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern or beneath a table, and can even be attached to a rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. The unit can be powered using the wall mount power pack (included), or PoDM+ (Power over DigitalMedia Plus) for a true one-wire solution. An array of indicators is provided on the unit for easy setup and troubleshooting.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- 4K DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 3x1 AV switcher with auto-switching and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides two 4K HDMI® inputs and one analog VGA/video input
- Also supports DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Handles digital video with resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles analog video with resolutions up to HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes an unbalanced stereo analog line-level audio input
- Allows embedding of stereo 2-channel analog audio signals
- Includes a local 4K HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse or computer
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface-mount design
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included) [2,3,4]