Provides a single HDMI® input for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular input card slots. Includes stereo downmixing of multichannel input signals to enable simultaneous distribution of multichannel and 2-channel audio. Supports 4K video sources.
The DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one HDMI® input, with complementary HDMI pass-through and analog audio outputs. A USB HID port is also provided. The HDMI input handles Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP 2.2, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. The HDMI input can also handle DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
The DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 provides all of the features of the DMC-4K-HD-HDCP2 with the addition of downmixing to enable the simultaneous distribution of multichannel 7.1 surround sound and 2-channel stereo signals. It is recommended for use with surround sound sources to allow the original multichannel signal to be distributed to rooms with surround sound systems, while simultaneously distributing a 2-channel downmix signal to stereo-only rooms and devices.
4K Ultra HD
- The DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 is capable of handling video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
- Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
Audio De-embedding and Downmixing
- The DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. Built-in DSP allows multichannel surround sound signals to be decoded and downmixed to stereo. The stereo downmix signal is automatically routed to the analog output, and can also be routed via any switcher output for distribution to stereo-only displays and other equipment. The analog output includes volume control that is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
USB Signal Extension
- Built-in USB HID signal routing allows a connected computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be controlled by a mouse and/or keyboard located at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
CEC Embedded Device Control
- DigitalMedia offers an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to a Crestron control system (via the DM switcher), the DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Standalone HDMI Problem Solver
- In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-4K-HD-DSP-HDCP2 may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a handy problem-solving tool with many useful functions. It can be used to extract an analog audio signal from an HDMI stream, to downmix surround sound signals to stereo, to provide a gateway for CEC device control, and to extend a USB HID mouse/keyboard signal over Ethernet. It can also be used to detect a device’s video and audio information, manage its EDID, and assess its HDCP capabilities.
- To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single 4K HDMI® input
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Includes an HDMI output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows de-embedding of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Built-in downmixing enables simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals
- Provides up to 100 ms delay adjustment of the downmix signal
- Enables device control via CEC
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides an HDMI problem solving solution using the optional DMCI card interface