Provides a very simple and cost-effective solution for distributing multiple high-definition AV sources to up to six rooms using CATx cable as part of a complete Crestron® system.
DigitalMedia™ isn't just for large, expensive homes and facilities. The DM-MD6X6 DigitalMedia Distribution Center provides a very simple and cost-effective solution for distributing multiple high-definition sources to up to six rooms as part of a complete Crestron® system. Featuring DigitalMedia 8G+® and HDBaseT® technologies, the DM-MD6X6 delivers ultra-reliable, ultra high-bandwidth signal routing over inexpensive CAT5e wiring. Everything about the DM-MD6X6 is engineered to deliver a transparent user experience and the highest performance.
HD Matrix Switcher
- The DM-MD6X6 provides six HDMI® inputs to handle HDTV receivers, DVD or Blu-ray Disc® players, media servers, computers, and other HD digital sources. Outputs include one HDMI and five DigitalMedia ports, furnishing simple one-wire connectivity for a local display or audio processor, and five additional displays anywhere in the house. Six-by-six matrix switching allows any display to view any source at any time.
- Crestron DM 8G+™ technology affords the ultimate in simplicity, providing a true one-wire interface for distributing high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, power, and control signals to multiple displays throughout a residence or commercial structure. Simply connect a DM 8G+ receiver at each flat-panel display or projector for a complete AV and control interface. Just one CAT5e wire run to each receiver transports pure, uncompressed Full HD 1080p video, 7.1 surround sound audio, 10/100 Ethernet, power, and control signals for a fully integrated media system with minimal wiring. DM 8G+ allows for wire runs up to 330 feet (100 meters) using CAT5e or Crestron DigitalMedia 8G™ Cable.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ outputs, the DM-MD6X6 can be connected directly to HDBaseT compliant display devices without requiring any DM® receivers.
- Handling high-definition digital media means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme that content providers use to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires the source device to "authenticate" each display in the system and issue it a "key" before the content can be viewed. Ordinarily this causes a complete loss of signal for up to 15 seconds each time a new source or display is selected anywhere in the system. To make matters worse, every source device has a limited number of keys available, so connect too many displays and the source will simply stop outputting a signal without warning.Not to worry — Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages the keys for every HDCP-compliant device in the system, maintaining continuous authentication for each device to ensure fast, reliable routing of any source to any number of display devices.
- Crestron Auto-Locking Technology enables super fast signal switching by instantaneously configuring every device in the signal path as soon as the signal hits the first device. Whether switching between sources or TV channels, Auto-Locking significantly reduces the time it takes each device to sense the new signal and configure itself to handle the changes, virtually eliminating any noticeable gap while switching.
EDID Format Management
- With all of today's varied AV sources comes a multitude of confusing video and audio formats to keep track of, and chances are not every device in your system supports all of the same formats. Such conflicts can wreak havoc any time you route one source to more than one display or audio component. The Blu-ray player that's feeding your 1080p projector in the theater may restrict itself to a lower resolution, or even shut off completely, if someone decides to view the same signal on a smaller TV in another room. And, instead of enjoying your theater's incredible 7.1 surround sound, you may find yourself limited to 5.1 or even plain old stereo.The DM-MD6X6 eliminates such conflicts by managing the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) that modern digital devices use to communicate their capabilities. Through the DM-MD6X6, the format and resolution capabilities of each device can be assessed, allowing the installer to configure EDID signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
A Scaler for Every Display
- High-performance scaling capability can be added to the DM-MD6X6 using select DM 8G+ receivers with built in HD and 4K scalers. By placing an independent scaler at every display device, DigitalMedia truly delivers the most flexible and user-friendly solution for routing multiple disparate sources to many different display devices. This "Distributed Scaler Approach" ensures an optimal image on every screen no matter what sources are selected. Distributed scaling allows a high-res computer source to be viewed on any display in the building. It also allows a high-definition 3D source to be viewed on lower-resolution 2D displays without compromising the original signal, letting you share your theater's Full HD 1080p 3D image with smaller, lesser displays in other rooms.
Multichannel HD Audio Routing
- The DM-MD6X6 allows for the routing of signals containing multichannel surround sound audio, supporting high-bitrate 7.1 formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™, as well as uncompressed linear PCM.
Built-in Ethernet Switch
- In addition to transporting digital video and audio, DigitalMedia can also extend high-speed Ethernet to display devices that require a LAN connection. Ethernet is also utilized internally by the Crestron control bus to manage all of the DM devices in the system and provide display control in each room. Through its 10/100 Ethernet port, the DM-MD6X6 provides a single-point connection to a home network or corporate LAN, requiring just one IP address for the complete DM system including all connected DM receivers.
USB Signal Routing
- With built-in USB HID (USB Human Interface Device) signal routing, the DM-MD6X6 lets you control a centralized computer or media server using a mouse or keyboard in another room. The mouse/keyboard can be connected to any DM 8G+ receiver that includes a USB HID host port, while the host computer is connected to the USB HID device port on the DM-MD6X6's rear panel. Crestron also offers USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM), which may be used to enable the routing of multiple USB devices of virtually any type, all seamlessly managed through the DigitalMedia system.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- The primary objective of every Crestron system is to enable precisely the control desired for a seamless user experience. DigitalMedia provides an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-MD6X6 provides a gateway for controlling many devices right through their HDMI connections, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
- Every step of the DM-MD6X6 setup is designed to be quick and easy using its front panel or Crestron Toolbox™ software, configuring inputs and outputs automatically while letting the installer make intelligent design decisions along the way. Out of the box, the DM-MD6X6 front panel supports basic signal routing for testing and troubleshooting during installation. The front panel label strips can be customized using Crestron Engraver software or standard 3/8" tape labels, allowing for the clear designation of each input and output. Inputs and outputs may also be designated by name through the software to appear on the LCD display.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Provides a low-cost, high-performance multiroom HD AV signal routing solution
- Distributes uncompressed digital video and audio over CAT5e twisted pair wire
- Affords a true one-wire solution using DigitalMedia 8G+® technology
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Features independently-switchable DM 8G+™ or HDBaseT outputs for 5 remote displays
- Allows up to 330 ft (100 m) wire distance to each display
- Includes one HDMI® output for a local display or audio processor
- Provides inputs for 6 HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking™ technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Allows independent scaling for every display through select DM® receivers
- Enables USB HID mouse and keyboard signal extension
- Expanded USB routing capabilities available using USB-EXT-DM USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Includes integrated Ethernet switch
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete DM system
- Provides Power over DM for PoDM compatible receivers
- Provides easy setup and diagnostics tools via front panel or software
- Includes built-in universal power supply
- Allows native Crestron® system integration via Ethernet
- Standard component width or 2-space rack-mountable