NOTE: The CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX is only available as part of a Crestron® shade system and cannot be ordered on its own. To configure shades or order shading parts and accessories, please use the Crestron Design Tool for Crestron Shading Solutions or call 1-855-53-S-H-A-D-E (537-4233) for support.
Featuring Digital Quiet Motor Technology™, the CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX motor provides quiet yet robust operation for Crestron® roller shades 17.5 in (445 mm) and larger. Fully integrated electronics eliminate the need for bulky add-on interface modules, allowing for a clean, streamlined installation. The CSM-QMT-163-1-EX uses robust infiNET EX® wireless technology for communications. A Cresnet® wired version of the motor is also available (model CSM-QMTDC-163-1-CN).
The CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX can integrate seamlessly into a Crestron control system, allowing it to be operated from keypads, wireless remotes, and touch screens. For easy setup, a local three-button interface lets users test shades after installation and also set shade limits. Power is supplied to the CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX via dedicated Crestron power supplies, such as the CSA-PWS40 or CSA-PWS10S-HUB. The CSA-PWS10S-HUB is capable of distributing power to multiple shade motors from one unit, consolidating shade wiring to a central location.
Quiet Motor Technology
- The shade motor utilizes the quiet, precision-controlled Quiet Motor Technology to control the movement of the shade, keep track of the shade’s position, and adjust the shade to the user’s desired preset positions.
- The CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX employs the ultra-reliable infiNET EX wireless technology, which provides steadfast two-way RF communications throughout a residential or commercial structure without the need for physical control wiring. Employing a 2.4 GHz mesh network topology, each infiNET EX device functions as an expander, passing command signals through to every other infiNET EX device within range (approximately 150 feet or 46 meters indoors), ensuring that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption.
- The CSM-QMTDC-163-1-EX communicates with a Crestron control system via an infiNET EX Wireless Gateway (model CEN-RFGW-EX, DIN-AP3MEX, or MC3). Up to 100 infiNET EX devices, including Cameo® Wireless Keypads and In-Wall Switches, may coexist on a single wireless network, and every device that is added to the network effectively increases the range and stability of the entire network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. Built-in Dynamic Frequency Allocation continuously monitors RF conditions, automatically selecting the clearest channel to prevent interference from neighboring networks, cordless phones, and microwaves.
- For Crestron® QMT®3 Series Architectural or QMT3 Series Décor System shades 17.5 in (445 mm) and larger
- Long-life brushless motor featuring Digital Quiet Motor Technology™ for nearly imperceptible operation
- Built-in infiNET EX® wireless communications
- Fully integrated design, with no external modules required
- 24 Volt low-voltage power
- Real-time activity monitoring and status feedback
- Local pushbutton interface for testing shades and setting shade limits
- Local diagnostic LEDs to indicate shade status
- Smooth starts and stops with programmable stop points
- Reactive features that detect and react to obstructions in shade path to avoid motor damage
- Limited Lifetime Warranty