Provides a single DM 8G+® or HDBaseT® input for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular input card slots. Handles 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video signals. Includes stereo downmixing of multichannel input signals to enable simultaneous distribution of multichannel and 2-channel audio.
The DMC-4KZ-C-DSP is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G+® input, with complementary HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. Using a single CAT type twisted pair cable, the DM 8G+ input enables the connection of a DM 8G+ transmitter, the output of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified source.
The DMC-4KZ-C-DSP provides all of the features of the DMC-4KZ-C with the addition of downmixing to enable the simultaneous distribution of multichannel 7.1 surround sound and 2-channel stereo signals. It is recommended for use with surround sound sources to allow the original multichannel signal to be distributed to rooms with surround sound systems, while simultaneously distributing a 2-channel downmix signal to stereo-only rooms and devices.
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
- Crestron DigitalMedia (DM) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” cards and endpoints enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based cards, transmitters, and receivers. The DMC-4KZ-C-DSP is designed to replace an existing DMC-4K-C-DSP or DMC-4K-C-DSP-HDCP2 input card without requiring any extra configuration or programming.
- DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
- Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ transports uncompressed Full HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals over distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. An HDBaseT compliant device can be connected directly to the DM 8G+ input on the DMC-4KZ-C without requiring a DM transmitter.
- Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
Audio De-embedding and Downmixing
- The DMC-4KZ-C-DSP includes an unbalanced analog audio output, which allows stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. Built-in DSP allows multichannel surround sound signals to be decoded and downmixed to stereo. The stereo downmix signal is automatically routed to the analog output, and can also be routed via any switcher output for distribution to stereo-only displays and other equipment. The analog output includes volume control that is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- For controlling third-party AV devices, DigitalMedia offers an alternative to conventional IR, RS-232, and Ethernet by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to a control system (via the DM switcher), the DMC-4KZ-C-DSP provides a gateway for controlling devices right through their HDMI or HDBaseT connections, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Power over DM®
- Power over DM (PoDM) technology affords a true one-wire solution by supplying power to the connected device over the same wire that carries video, audio, and data signals. To enable PoDM power sourcing through the DM 8G+ input port (DM IN), simply connect a compatible PoDM or PoE power source to the PoE/PoDM input port (POE IN). Compatible power sources include Crestron models DM-PSU-8-PLUS, DM-PSU-16-PLUS, DM-PSU-ULTRA-MIDSPAN, and CEN-SWPOE-16, or any IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at compliant PoE PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment).
- Support for PoDM+ is enabled using any of the Crestron models listed above, or a third-party 802.3at Type 2 PSE. PoDM++ power sourcing is enabled using the DM-PSU-ULTRA-MIDSPAN only. PoDM may also be used to power HDBaseT PoE powered devices.
Standalone DM 8G+ Receiver
- In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-4KZ-C-DSP may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a DM 8G+ receiver solution that's perfect for installation in an equipment rack or AV cart, or as a portable display interface.
- To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia webpage at https://www.crestron.com/digitalmedia for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single 4K DM 8G+® input
- HDBaseT® compatible — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (High Dynamic Range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM® Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows de-embedding of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Built-in downmixing enables simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals
- Provides up to 120 ms delay adjustment of the downmix signal
- Enables device control via CEC
- Supports PoDM and HDBaseT PoE power sourcing
- Occupies a single DM switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G+ receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface