Provides a versatile interface for HDMI®, DisplayPort, VGA, and analog video sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G+® input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via CATx cable. Also compatible with HDBaseT®. Includes a USB HID mouse/keyboard port and 10/100 Ethernet port.
The DM-TX-401-C provides a versatile interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher, providing DisplayPort, HDMI®, VGA, composite video, and analog audio inputs. It also functions as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. It can be rack-mounted, placed on a shelf, or attached under a table, and connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.
Installed in a stationary podium or equipment rack, the DM-TX-401-C offers an ideal solution for integrating rack-mounted sources, switchers, and AV receivers into the DigitalMedia system. Mounted under a table or in a movable lectern or AV cart, it affords a simple means for connecting mobile devices, computers, cameras, and other "BYOD" sources. In a conference center or auditorium, a portable DM-TX-401-C can be connected to the system through wall plates and floor boxes as needed, requiring just a single DM 8G+ jack (MP-WP181-C or MPI-WP181-C) at each location.
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G over twisted pair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD®, as well as uncompressed linear PCM. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G Cable or CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM-TX-401-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-401-C provides simple switching among four inputs. Inputs can be selected manually from the front panel, programmatically through a Crestron control system, or automatically by simply connecting a source to one of the inputs. Inputs include:
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-TX-401-C to a DM switcher or receiver, or to an HDBaseT device, transporting video, audio, control, networking, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection. Used with a single DM 8G+ Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-401-C affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-401-Cs may be deployed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
Advanced Analog Video Processing
- Via the PC and Video inputs, the DM-TX-401-C employs advanced analog video processing with anti-aliasing and 3D comb filtering to ensure the reliable distribution of analog VGA and video sources. Built-in time base correction is also included to ensure optimal results for use with video tape players.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-401-C includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
- The DM-TX-401-C includes built-in IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports to enable programmable control of the devices connected to it (via a control system). But, it can also provide an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-401-C provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
USB Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-401-C functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, allowing a USB HID-compliant keyboard and/or mouse to be connected to the front panel and used to control a computer or other component located at the central equipment rack or some other location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
Crestron Connect It™
- A Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) offers a convenient tabletop connectivity solution that works seamlessly with the DM-TX-401-C. The cable caddy gets its power and control from the DM-TX-401-C through a simple USB connection.
Under-Table or Rack-Mountable
- The DM-TX-401-C is housed in a compact metal enclosure that can be placed on a shelf, attached under a table, or mounted in a 19” equipment rack. Its 1 RU half-width form factor allows it to fit in a single rack-space alongside a second transmitter or other 1 RU half-width Crestron device. The unit can be powered using the wall mount power pack (included), or PoDM (Power over DigitalMedia) for a true one-wire solution. An array of controls and indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 4x1 AV switcher with front panel input selection, auto-switching, and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides DisplayPort, HDMI®, RGB/component, and composite video inputs
- Also supports DVI sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes RCA and mini-TRS stereo analog line-level audio inputs
- Allows embedding of stereo 2-channel analog audio signals
- HDCP compliant
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Includes advanced analog video processing and time base correction
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Single-space, half-width 19-inch rack-mountable
- Under-table mountable
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)