Provides a remote input connection for an HDMI® source as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM® CAT input of a DM Switcher or Receiver via DM Cable. Includes a USB HID host port for controlling the source device using a mouse/keyboard at a different location. Also includes IR and Ethernet control ports.
The DM-TX-100 is a DM® CAT transmitter that provides a single HDMI® input for a computer or high-definition AV source as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It is ideal for use at a lectern, conference table, or any remote location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence to route an HDMI signal to a display or switcher many feet away. The DM-TX-100 connects to the head end or display location using a single Crestron DM cable. In addition to HDMI, it includes an Ethernet port and USB HID device port for a total connectivity solution.
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. DigitalMedia CAT distributes uncompressed digital video and audio signals up to 450 feet (137 m) using Crestron DM cable.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
- Via its HDMI input, the DM-TX-100 supports HD 1080p60 video and WUXGA computer signals with HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and multi-channel HD lossless audio. It can also handle DVI and DisplayPort Multimode signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.A single DM CAT output is provided for connection to a DM switcher or receiver. Used with a single DM CAT Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron Control System, the DM-TX-100 affords a simple solution for extending a multimedia computer or AV signal to a single display up to 450 feet (137 m) away. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-100s may be installed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
- Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-TX-100 includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, providing a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
- The DM-TX-100 also functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, providing a USB port which connects to the source device (i.e. computer or other USB HID-compliant host), allowing it to be controlled by a mouse or keyboard located in another room, or at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location.
EDID Format Management
- The DM-TX-100 allows for management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between the display devices and input sources in the system. Using Crestron Toolbox™ software, the format and resolution capabilities of each device can be assessed and managed through the DM-TX-100, ensuring reliable operation by instructing sources to output only the resolutions and formats that can be handled by the displays and system wiring.
Embedded Device Control
- The primary objective of every Crestron system is to enable precisely the control desired for a seamless user experience. The DM-TX-100 includes built-in IR and Ethernet control ports to allow programmable control of the devices connected to it. But, it can also provide an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-100 provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Compact and Versatile
- The DM-TX-100 is designed to be mounted to a flat surface, placed on a shelf, or attached to a rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. It may also be used portably for connection to a DM wall plate input (MP-WP185 sold separately). It is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern or beneath a table. An array of indicators on the front of the DM-TX-100 provides for easy setup and troubleshooting. Advanced configuration is enabled through Crestron Toolbox software.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia™ CAT transmitter and HDMI® interface
- DM® CAT output supports up to 450 ft (137 m) cable length
- Provides a single HDMI digital video/audio input
- Also supports DVI and DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Handles HD video with Deep Color, 3D, and HDCP
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Includes USB HID device port for connection to a computer
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, and Ethernet
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Compact surface-mount design
- Powered over the DMNet® connection