Provides a wireless gateway for infiNET EX® and ER "Extended Range" devices.
The CEN-GWEXER is a 2-way RF wireless transceiver designed for use with Crestron® infiNET EX® and “ER” (Extended Range RF) wireless devices. A single CEN-GWEXER gateway enables an entire wireless network of Crestron remotes, keypads, lighting dimmers, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, and other devices to communicate with a Crestron control system.
infiNET EX® Technology
- Ultra-reliable infiNET EX wireless technology provides steadfast 2-way RF communications throughout a residential or commercial structure without the need for physical control wiring. Employing a 2.4 GHz mesh network topology, nearly every infiNET EX device on the network acts as an “expander,” relaying wireless commands between the gateway and all the other “EX” devices on the network to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption. Each infiNET EX device that is added to the network effectively increases the range and stability of the entire network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. The wireless range between any two EX devices is typically up to 150 ft (46 m) indoors.
“ER” Extended Range RF Technology
- Crestron Extended Range (ER) wireless technology enables compatibility with certain Crestron wireless touch screens and handheld remotes including the TSR-302, TST-600, TST-602, and TST-902. Crestron “ER” operates in the same 2.4 GHZ spectrum as infiNET EX, and is specifically optimized for use with wireless touch screen devices to ensure robust and dependable bidirectional RF communications. The CEN-GWEXER continuously monitors each ER device on the network, diligently keeping track when a device goes to sleep, shuts down, or wanders out of range, and restores communications seamlessly when the device reappears on the network. The typical wireless range for ER devices is 100 to 200 feet indoors, or up to 1000 feet outdoors. For even greater coverage, ER supports roaming amongst up to eight gateways.
- The CEN-GWEXER can manage both infiNET EX and ER wireless devices simultaneously, eliminating the need for separate gateways, antennas, and LAN connections. Setting up a network of infiNET EX and/or ER devices is simple, utilizing dynamic discovery to locate and acquire each wireless device automatically. If no ER devices are acquired, the CEN-GWEXER can support up to 100 infiNET EX devices (inclusive of up to six Crestron MLX-3 handheld remotes). Each ER device that is added to the network negates ten EX devices, with a maximum of ten ER devices allowed. For a more detailed breakdown, please refer to “Supported Devices” in the specifications section of this spec sheet.
- The CEN-GWEXER gateway communicates with a control system over Ethernet and gets its operating power over the same Ethernet connection using PoE technology. PoE (Power over Ethernet) simply requires the presence of an 802.3af or 802.3at PoE power source.
- Crestron offers the PWE-4803RU PoE Injector, which connects inline with the Ethernet cable, allowing for installation at any convenient location between the gateway and the network switch. The PWE-4803RU is capable of powering a single gateway, and is available separately or packaged with the gateway as model.
CEN-GWEXER-PWE or CENI-GWEXER-PWE.
- Crestron also offers Ethernet switches with built-in PoE (models CEN-SW-POE-5 and CEN-SWPOE-16), affording a complete high-performance networking solution capable of providing PoE for multiple gateways and other PoE devices. Using an Ethernet switch with built-in PoE eliminates the need for individual PoE Injectors.
- As an alternative to PoE, the CEN-GWEXER can be powered using an optional 24VDC power pack, model PW-2407WU.
Integrator Friendly Enclosure
- The CEN-GWEXER features the Crestron IFE form factor, a compact “Integrator Friendly Enclosure” design that fits almost anywhere and enables a variety of installation options. Its shape allows multiple gateways and other IFE compliant devices to be stacked together. Using the included mounting bracket, it can be fastened to any flat surface or snapped onto a standard DIN rail. Rack mount and pole mount kits are also available.
- Multipurpose 2-way RF wireless gateway
- Simultaneously supports infiNET EX® and Crestron “ER” wireless devices
- Ultra dependable infiNET EX mesh network technology
- “Extended Range” RF technology optimized for wireless touch screen remotes
- Dynamic discovery for fast, easy setup
- "Wi-Fi® friendly" channel selection for trouble-free operation
- Built-in RF network diagnostics
- Up to 150 feet (46 meters) infiNET EX range indoors, 250 feet (76 m) outdoors
- 100 to 200 feet (33 to 66 meters) ER range indoors, 1000 feet outdoors
- Supports infiNET EX expanders and ER roaming for extended coverage
- Extendable antenna using optional ANT-EXT
- Compact, stackable “IFE small” form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable using bracket provided
- Available rack mount and pole mount options
- High-speed Ethernet control system interface
- 24VDC or PoE network powered
- Models available with PoE injector included
- Optional 24VDC power pack sold separately